Developing an SEO (Search engine optimisation) technique is not a new thing for businesses, but quite a few still get the basic principles wrong and eventually pay a price in the highly competitive digital space.
So for anyone eager to rank better on search engines, your business needs to take SEO more seriously. With effective SEO practice, you can easily stay ahead of the competition.
However, considering the ever-increasing number of SEO tools for business owners to select from, it could be a waste of time and resources trying them all.
Nevertheless, we have come up with a list of the most effective SEO tools to save you the stress of browsing through thousands flooding the internet on a daily basis. These tools will give you the necessary metrics needed to plan, implement, manage and measure their SEO and online performance efforts.
Here we go.
Google Webmaster Tools
Google Webmaster Tools is one of the most effective SEO tools online. Not to worry, it is absolutely free to use. One of the greatest benefits of this is Google sends you crucial notifications about your website to help you better optimize it as the need arises.
Why you need to use Google Search Console (Webmasters Tools):
- Inbound links report: Find out which sites are linking to your site.
- To check on and fix manual actions
- To disavow bad or spammy links
- Click through reports: Find out if your title tags and meta description tags are getting people to click and to optimise them.
- To submit your sitemap and ensure your pages are crawled and indexed
- To keep your robots.txt up to date
There are even more benefits to using Google Webmasters Tools you can give it a shot right away.
Google Analytics is a free software from Google. In addition, it is very essential for business owners to gain full insights into how their websites are fairing on the google search engine and on other top referral sites and networks online.
Once set up, you will be able to see many insightful reports on the traffic coming to your website and number of page views, real-time traffic report on the website. Moreso, Google Analytics is the best tool to help you understand your organic traffic.
Furthermore, Google Analytics reports will show you:
- Where your traffic comes from (Social, Referral Websites, Organic Search, Paid Search, Email, etc)
- Which pages your traffic visits
- How long your visitors spend on each page
- The geographic location of your visitors
- The devices that your visitors use (Mobile, Desktop, Tablet)
In the words of Susan Allehoff of HS2 Solutions:
“Just like the dashboard on your car, Google Analytics is a must-have, comprehensive analytical tool that helps you drive your website in the right direction and gauge its speed, condition and more. Replace guesswork with real data—it’s useful, easy to use, informative and free.”
Additionally, you can create custom reports to track specific goals on your websites such as conversions on lead capture forms, or visits to particular pages.
SEMRush is often considered one of the best SEO software for business owners because it includes a full suite of powerful SEO tools that will help you with:
- Content auditing and on-site optimization
- Keyword rank tracking including local map pack rank tracking
- Competitor analysis to uncover new keyword targets
- Backlink analysis to find link building opportunities
- Keyword difficulty tool to help you identify the best keywords
- SEO reporting tools so you can make sense of all the data
- Traffic analytics showing you which keywords drive the most traffic
- Social media management tools to help your social presence
This is another tool that is widely used by major bloggers and a few business owners. It is a very effective WordPress plugin to improve your search presence. It’ll assess each page of your WordPress site, then give you a prioritized list of little things to do. However, the tool is open to WordPress-based sites users only.
Google Trends can lend you a helping hand in understanding where your market is, what is trending within your industry and niche and how you can position your brand to tap from such online opportunities.
Basically, Google Trends shows changes in search volume for different topics, search terms, and entities. Mastering this tool can keep your content current and one step ahead of the competition.
Charisol’s Search Engine Optimization Specialists will keep you updated on the newest techniques, which will play an important part in your SEO campaign.
At Charisol, we understand effective internet marketing concepts. We optimize with relevant websites and diversify each page to fit what targeted customers are looking for. We also have extensive experience in the software industry and help to create and maintain a formidable SEO strategy for your business.
We’re looking to help brands globally come to the realization that online marketing exists beyond social media marketing, email marketing, and other digital channels. Contact us today to help you to gain a foothold in your chosen niche!